Paddler and Field Support (2023) - Nanaimo BC
Paddler and Field Support: Nanaimo BC
TRAK manufactures and globally markets the Ultimate Touring Kayak; the only truly portable sea kayak in the world. Because our kayak fits in a wheeled travel pack and sets up in 10 minutes, it can be taken anywhere, which gives owners the freedom to easily reach some of the most beautiful locations in the world!
TRAK is building a hub in Nanaimo and the Gulf Islands for paddling-focused experiences that enhance vitality, improve wellness and mental health, giving people a deep connection to nature, the outdoors, and specifically the sacred waters of the Salish Sea, and bodies of water the world over.
We are seeking individuals for 2023 peak season that love to support other paddlers on their paddling journeys, including kayak rental operations, logistic support, and being part of a culture focused on wellness. This role could support our more local short trips on the Salish Sea. The primary role will be to greet customers, equip and prepare them for their time on the water.
One other aspect of this role is paddler support, as part of the TRAK headquarters team. This includes getting involved with our world-class digital marketing team to build experience in that discipline. It also includes paddler support calls, to determine customer “fit” and next steps for appropriate trips and training. Because we are an established but growing company, every team member’s ideas are encouraged, explored and then possibly implemented. You must be committed to being impeccable in your work and love to be in service of customers and the TRAK team. Bottom line is you love people and are enthusiastic to share your passion. You take pride in being a hard-working person.
Ideally, you have experience in kayaking tour operations, and strive to grow and evolve in the industry. The key to all of this is your commitment to do something extraordinary. You are not ordinary by nature. You’ve been looking for a professional opportunity that can be a vehicle to exercise your passion and skills.
- Assisting customers with their online and over the phone orders for kayak rentals, as well as communicating effectively by email
- Preparing kayak rental orders and working with our team to ensure correct equipment is cleaned, prepped and organized for the customer
- Assisting with the preparation and packing of equipment and provisions for sea kayak experiences in the Gulf Islands
- Providing on-land product demonstrations for our portable TRAK 2.0 sea kayaks
- Could assist with short local on-water experiences from time to time
- Provide “fit calls” for customers interested in kayaks and kayaking experiences, as a support to paddlers and prospective paddlers and water adventurers
- Own the customer experience always
- Paddle Canada Level 2 skills (or equivalent) to assist on day trips
- SKGABC AOG (or equivalent) to assist on overnight trips, or SKGABC Level 2-3 (or equivalent) to lead multi-day trips
- BC Driver’s License, ideally Class 4
TRAK is looking for one full time commitment for this position and also part time roles. We offer a competitive rate of pay and are located in central Nanaimo.
Prepare a resume and intro letter with your best “pitch” for why you believe you would be a great fit for the 2023 season. Send this to Nolin Veillard at firstname.lastname@example.org.