Join the TRAK HQ Team on Vancouver Island for the 2023 TRAK Pilot Summit & inaugural TRAK Owners Gathering
Hosted by the HQ team, we invite you to join us for this symposium-style event.
2023 event will be Pacific Northwest.
When September ends, we will make use of the group camping facilities on Saysutshun (Newcastle) Island, easily accessible from the Nanaimo harbour. There are bathroom facilities present, as well as several other amenities nearby - this will not be a "rugged" experience.
Main events list: Key Dates
Friday 29th September - Pilot summit
- 3pm Saturday 30th September - all TRAK owners invited to join us
- All day Sunday 1st October: Workshops and Skills
- Disperse 9am Monday 2nd October - or launch out for more adventures...
- Optional Monday 2nd to Wednesday 4th October DeCourcy Island tour
Various topics will be covered regarding paddling skills, techniques, and TRAK mastery itself. TRAK Pilots are encouraged to prepare for Pilot-business development discussions devoted to creating value for your practice as guides and instructors.
We look forward to strengthening our communal ties and forging friendships that inspire future expeditions. There will be some festive entertainment, such as live music, to enjoy in the evenings after dinner.
There is an optional multi-day tour to DeCourcy Island at the end of the gathering, which will take place from Oct 2nd - 4th. The conclusion of the gathering is also an appropriate launchpad to other adventures on Vancouver Island.
- Campsite accommodations on Saysutshun Island (Newcastle)
- Catered meals
- Skills workshops and guided on-water sessions
- TRAK 'hacks' sharing from your experiences
- Festive entertainment
- Optional multi-day tour at end of Owners Gathering
What's not included:
- Airfare / transportation to Vancouver / Nanaimo, BC, Canada
- Personal items (toiletries, clothing, etc.)
- TRAK Kayak (bring your own!)
- Personal paddling gear (PFD, paddle, etc.)
PS: There is no cost for TRAK Pilots to attend this event or DeCourcy trip
PPS: The price of the Owners Gathering event will also be subsidized by TRAK, but a nominal fee for their attendance will be requested, redeemable against the DeCourcy trip