Join the TRAK community on Vancouver Island for the inaugural TRAK Owners Gathering
Led by TRAK Pilots and the HQ team, we invite you to join us for this symposium-style event. We will make use of the group camping facilities on Saysutshun (Newcastle) Island, easily accessible from the Nanaimo harbour. There are bathroom facilities present, as well as several other amenities nearby - this will not be a "rugged" experience.
Various topics will be covered regarding paddling skills, techniques, and TRAK mastery itself. TRAK Pilots and guest presenters bring a wide spectrum of expertise, with programming planned for both novice and experienced paddlers.
We look forward to strengthening our communal ties and forging friendships that inspire future expeditions and simple trips. There will be some festive entertainment, such as live music, to enjoy in the evenings after dinner.
There is an optional multi-day tour to DeCourcy Island at the end of the gathering, which will take place from Oct 2nd - 4th. The conclusion of the gathering is also a perfect launchpad to other adventures on Vancouver Island.
Saturday September 30th - Monday October 2nd, 2023
- Campsite accommodations on Saysutshun Island (Newcastle)
- Catered meals
- Skills instruction and guided on-water sessions
- TRAK kayak set up and tear down tips
- Festive entertainment
- Optional multi-day tour (add US$450, normal price US$575)
What's not included:
- Airfare / transportation to Vancouver / Nanaimo, BC, Canada
- Personal items (toiletries, clothing, etc.)
- TRAK kayak (bring your own or inquire about options!)
- Personal paddling gear (PFD, paddle, etc.)
This price of this event is subsidized by TRAK, as the gathering is not being run for-profit. A portion of the proceeds will be paid to the local First Nation (Snuneymuxw) which the gathering takes place within.