Join TRAK in beautiful Tofino, British Columbia, Canada, for a blend of sea kayak surf skills development and progression, hands on risk management, teaching and
coaching workshop, May 17th-21st, 2018.
Couched in a base camp setting in the west coast forest, this TRAK Tour is designed to help you upgrade your surf kayaking skills (no matter what your skill level is now) in one of the world's best locations for surf and waves.
Your facilitators include life long paddlers with extensive knowledge of the industry, kayak skills, vessel design, education and risk management.
Examples of content
Surf Skill and Sea Kayaking: role model effective step-by-step progression to develop competence for comfortably launching and landing (and play) in surf
• Biomechanics development - video analysis
• Neuroscience of learning: how to teach and make it stick
• Instructing - Teaching - Coaching - Mentoring - Role Modeling: when to do what and how?
Daily 4 block format:
• On-land start - time for content or discussion-based curriculum, safety plan and briefing for the day's activities and occasional review of some videos of previous day
• On-water / by the beach - Focused skills development
• On-land wrap up - debriefing of the day's activities and consolidation of learnings
• Fire-side discussions - A social event to share experience and insight.
• Provide a space to explore and familiarize yourself with the capabilities of the TRAK Kayak in challenging conditions
• Role model - a sea kayak skills camp progression and management
• Effective outdoor teaching - How to teach - Science of teaching and learning both risk management and leadership progressions
• A focus on sea kayak surf skills and safety
ACA and/or Paddle Canada Certified
The Adventure starts by getting to the west coast of British Columbia. Your goal is to get to the hub city of Nanaimo or Victoria to start your trip up island and across to the west coast. You will be met at your transportation hub near Tofino for transportation to reserved camping.
For just $1,950USD, we'll provide everything you need from the time you arrive until you leave. Aside from your transportation to and from Tofino, your drysuit, and your personal effects, you may want to bring your favorite PFD or paddle, and if you have a TRAK kayak already, you're welcome to bring it, as well. But once you arrive, we've got you covered! If you don't have a TRAK kayak yet, we'll let you borrow one of ours.
Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info, or book your spot today!
Tour Does Not Include:
• Transportation to and from the airport
• Items of a personal nature