TRAK Tour - Palawan Expedition - May 7-14, 2019
Join TRAK in exploring the beautiful islands and coastline of Palawan, in the Philippines. This adventure includes a 6+ day expedition on the water, with all local expenses and needs covered. You may want to stay longer on either end, as part of a larger vacation, and we highly recommend exploring the unique culture and environment in this amazing country.
Duration: 8 Days
Skill Level: Beginner/Intermediate
What we're going to do
We'll be meeting in Puerto Princesa, and travelling up to El Nido on May 7th. We will then go out for a 7-day excursion in this bucket-list paddling destination from May 8-14, 2019.
You do NOT need to be an expert at multi-day kayaking expeditions! Our aim is to help develop your confidence and competence at planning, organizing, and leading your own trips or becoming a more capable teammate in joining others. This will be done in an area quite coveted as a worldwide paddling destination.
- Arrive in Puerto Princesa airport the morning of May 6, 2019 (Day 0)
- Participants will be transported (by TRAK) up to El Nido on the afternoon of May 6th, where we will have a group gathering/planning at the resort where everyone will stay that night, prior to starting the paddling on May 7th (Day 1)
- Paddling from May 7 to May 14 (Day 8) - details to follow
- The trip will wind up on May 14 (Day 8) and early morning May 15th will be the onward travel day
Meet Your Guide
Since joining TRAK in 2010, Jaime’s been testing our products and pushing the limits of what’s considered possible with a TRAK portable performance kayak. He’s paddled his TRAK in more than a dozen countries, while filming and creating The TRAK Files video series. He has worked as an adventure guide in several countries including Panama, Belize, Antarctica, Norway and Canada, using sea kayaks to explore the wilderness. Jaime grew up in New Zealand and enjoys meeting adventurers around the world. A great speaker and storyteller, he’s contributed remarkable original media and stories of unleashed paddling adventures. Jaime has also led personal sea kayak expeditions in remote locations - most notably the first Circumnavigation of Svalbard Archipelago Norway by Sea kayak in 2015.
Where we're going
- Sulu Sea
- Palawan, Philippines, SE Asia
- El Nido islands
What you'll learn
This amazing tour includes hands-on experience and instruction and the opportunity to discover the best ways to plan, lead, and execute a multi-day, tropical sea-kayaking expedition.
- Expedition Planning
- Seamanship skills
What's included in the tour
We'll provide everything you need once you arrive in El Nido, until you leave. You may want to bring your favorite PFD and paddle, and if you have a TRAK kayak already, bring it with you and save.
- Accommodations (Day 0 night, to Day 7 night)
- Skills Training
- Airfare to Puerto Princesa
- Items of a personal nature